Study Skills Coaching
Many capable children experience frustration in school. It is not because they lack ability, but because they have not learned study skills, organization and focus. To address this need, Raleigh Tutoring is pleased to offer study skills tutoring tailored to your child’s age and needs.
Study skills tutoring covers homework habits, test-taking strategies, memorization techniques, effective note-taking, and useful time management skills. Study skills can be taught on its own or in conjunction with your child's current school assignments.
One-on-one Study Skills Tutoring - $45/hour - home or office
TEN STEPS TO ACADEMIC SUCCESS (from Dartmouth Univ.)
1. Set individual academic and personal goals.
2. Choose courses carefully.
3. Know and use resources.
4. Meet and get to know faculty.
5. Learn actively.
6. Manage your time well.
7. Know and actively use reading skills.
8. Develop strong listening and note-taking skills.
9. Develop and improve your writing and speaking skills.
10.Get involved in co-curricular activities; learn skills and gain experience.